NinjaPigeon - My Flight to Financial Independence

Saturday, May 27, 2006

401k Rollover Update

When I got home yesterday, I was suprised to see that my 401k distribution check had arrived already. Amount of the check was based on the NAVs for the 22nd. Remember how I mentioned in this post that I'd lost some money by being lazy? Well, if I'd done the paperwork on the 16th like I was planning on, I'd have had an extra $479.36! Wow, how's that for a lesson learned?

Also, strangely enough, the check was written to "Vanguard Fudiatiary Trust". I don't know about you, but I find it disturbing that someone who works for Fidelity can't spell fiduciary. I'll have to call Vanguard on Monday and figure out if this check is valid or if I'll need a new one issued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home