NinjaPigeon - My Flight to Financial Independence

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, 401k!

Well, today is exactly 1 year from my first 401k contribution. In order to celebrate this occassion, my 401k decided to close at an all time high yesterday. I don't know the math behind IRR, so the simple interest I've earned, looking purely at what I've put in versus what I have now, is 16.56% since inception. That's not too shabby for my first year!

Now, I know a lot of this has been "luck" since the market has been incredibly bullish in 2006, but I'm still happy to have started my investing habits when I did. It's a lot easier to weather the bearish times when you've at least experienced the bullish times. But let's just hope the next few years continue to show improvements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home