NinjaPigeon - My Flight to Financial Independence

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Going Permanent

Well, this week I got an offer to go permanent at my company. In some ways, this is pretty good. I'd really like to get back to contributing to a 401k, and the sooner the better. The matching is pretty good at my company, though unfortunately they vest on a four year schedule after a one year delay. (Meaning I'd vest 25%/year starting at the end of year 2) So the vesting is disappointing, but they do match 160% of 4%. Plus we have a real training budget!

The downside, of course, is the cut in pay. It ends up being about a 13% cut, not factoring in the overtime. Luckily, I don't really need that much to live on, but the adjustment will still suck. I'd grown fond of cashing the overtime checks ;)


Anyway, the paperwork should go through around the end of the month. I'm gonna try to capitalize on the training money asap, so on the off chance things don't work out, I've gotten the most for my time with the company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home