NinjaPigeon - My Flight to Financial Independence

Friday, March 31, 2006

Carpet expenses

Okay, I meant to post this sooner, but I've been a little busy. As mentioned a while ago, I own a house with a friend that we were hoping to turn into a rental. However, we've decided that the location just isn't the best for either of us, and we are both going in different investment directions right now. So, to facilitate getting rid of the house, we needed new carpet/vinyl throughout.

Got a quote and had it done in under a week. Cost us just south of $3k, and was worth every penny. It looks like an entirely new house! I wish we'd done that before we lived there, and it wouldn't have seemed so bad. Anyway, Chris showed the house to someone on Friday and they seem interested in putting in a formal offer. Let's hope that works out so I can cut out a $500 loss each month that I pay for half the mortgage. I could even make a small profit with some luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home