NinjaPigeon - My Flight to Financial Independence

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Net Worth - August 2006

Pretty good month, I suppose. Spent about $1700 on vacation, and was still able to get a pretty good increase in my net worth.

I sold the 50 shares of WAG at $49.03. It's gone a little higher lately, but I got out with a 21.06% gain, which is plenty good enough for my tastes! I used the proceeds to pick up another 50 shares of MSFT at $25.70, giving me a round lot for once. Holding off on any other stock purchases until I find something that I like.

I was also able to increase my savings a good bit this month, mainly because a pretty big contract paid out. I have another medium one that will pay out sometime in September, but it won't be quite as nice.

Mutual funds have seen some improvement, but are still in the red. I'm hoping for some better performance as we get closer to the end of the year.

I'm still on track to hit my goal for the end of the year, but it feels like I should be doing more. I'm pretty behind for my age, I think, and future years probably won't be this strong income-wise. Let's hope I do better in the market so that compounding we all love will work in my favor :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home