NinjaPigeon - My Flight to Financial Independence

Monday, August 21, 2006

Credit Card Confession

Okay, I've been keeping a dirty secret from you all for a while now. But I think it's time I came clean. Here goes...

I'm an obsessive credit card bill payer! Don't laugh, it's true!

I think I must be the reason the credit card companies restrict monthly payments. Oh, didn't know about that? Yep, they actually won't accept more than one payment every three days. And if that wasn't horrid enough, they also cut me off after four payments in a single billing cycle! /dies

Okay, I know some of you think I'm exaggerating, but here are the dates of the last 90 days of payments from me.

4/27, 5/1, 5/19, 5/27, 6/16, 6/30, 7/9, 7/20, 7/27, 8/11, 8/19

The only reason there aren't more payments in that list is because my credit card company won't let me pay unless I have a non zero-balance, even if I KNOW there are charges that will hit within a day or two. Man, that one irks me.

Okay, so maybe I have a bit of an OCD thing going on there. :)

5 Comments:

  • Fascinating. I never knew this was the case. Didn't know that credit card companies will actually limit the amounts of payments you can make during a billing cycle. I hate them even more now...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2006 3:43 AM  

  • Wow you learn something new everyday. I did not know this. Thanks for the info. Now that I have a second job I will be increasing the freqency of my payments. Glad to know.

    By Blogger Tired of being broke, at 8/21/2006 6:15 PM  

  • Hmmm ... you remind me of the guy who was paying back his Visa balance in less than a dollar increments or some such thing because he was mad at them. =)

    By Blogger Revanche, at 8/22/2006 4:06 PM  

  • And I know I'm just enabling you, but I screwed up the amount I sent in near the due date once and since they refused to let me correct it, I scheduled an additional payment through my bank's site. hah!

    By Blogger Revanche, at 8/22/2006 4:08 PM  

  • Haha this reminds me of my own weird over-saving problem

    By Blogger Then Things, at 8/31/2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home